To act as an anticaking agent, an additive has to interfere with the caking mechanism. It can do this in one or more of several ways:
• Prevention of wetting across the contact points of the granules.
• Diffusion of the crystallising phase over the granule surface.
• Nucleation of small fine crystals during dissolution/re-crystallisation processes.
• Modification of crystal structure and size of crystals formed during dissolution/re-crystallisation processes.
• Inhibition of dissolution/re-crystallisation processes.
• Spreading of the liquid film over the granule surface, promoted by reduction of surface tension, thus reducing the formation of droplets of liquid at the granule surface, as well as reducing condensation in the capillary formed at the contact points.
• Reduction of formation of contact areas.
• Reduction of tensile strength of the bond between the granules.
• Removal of moisture from the granule surface by absorption.
• Protection from ambient humidity.
For more details, see IFS Proceedings 453.
|Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category .
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".
|Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.
|Cookie used to prevent popup from displaying repeatedly. We use anonymous cookies to prevent users from seeing the same popup repetitively in an attempt to make our users experience more pleasant while still delivering time sensitive messaging.
|The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.
|Set by Google to distinguish users.
|Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.